Thursday, November 6, 2014

Here we go round the mountain again – RIDE OVER!!

I have the coolest Christian hair chick in the whole wide world. My colorist is a Christian, my age, divorced (and now remarried to a wonderful Christian man), blonde (my fave!), and as wise as they come. Her name is Susan. A visit with Susan is like a therapy session where I leave feeling beautiful!! She gives me the straight dope.

So earlier this year I was in her therapy chair telling her about my dating history and she spouted off this verse without a beat:

“You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north.” ~ Deuteronomy 2:3

You see, I have worn an ugly rut around the mountain of dating. I have stayed on a circular path that is just not healthy. I’ve stayed in relationships that should have ended sooner, and I’ve given second chances where I should not have. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve met some great guys and have had good relationships, but as of the past several years – my choices have not been too good. It’s humbling to admit that. I’m a smart girl, but when it comes to affairs of my heart – I have a tendency to lose my brain.

The “here we go round the mountain again” ride has ended!

I think we all have areas of our lives where we do the same thing over and over and expect different results. We stay in the comfy-cozy ruts and proceed to wonder why nothing changes.

Sticking to a diet? Sticking to a budget? Looking for a new job? Organizing your life? Distancing yourself from unhealthy people? We want things to change, but we don’t really do anything about it.

We keep circling the same mountain.

Change is hard. Change hurts. Change takes discipline. Change comes with setbacks. Change can be lonely. But, change is awesome!!!

This past year I have learned some very valuable lessons from deciding to change my route around that mountain. I’ve turned NORTH. I’ve turned with all my might to Jesus. Praise be to God for the lessons that I’ve learned and the strength HE has shown me that I didn’t think I had. Now, I am OK walking away from a situation that isn't quite right.  I'll be OK. And I'll save a trip around the mountain. My focus is on JESUS – not that mountain!

I love you all! xo

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Reminds me of what my pastor said on Sunday..the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again, yet expecting different results. I am an insane fool! Here's to me giving up my insanity & you continuing on your new journey North :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to break our old ways - even when they are damaging! The good Lord is with us and gives us the same power that raised Christ from the dead! That's some awesome POWER, OBF! xo

    ReplyDelete