Thursday, December 3, 2015

My new groove!

In order to reduce stress, sleep better, feel better, and improve my overall fitness - I started a new groove - weight lifting!  It’s very fun and something I never thought I would embrace, but it's really cool and I'm digging it!

Like anything else in life:  If it’s important you make the time.  If it’s not you make an excuse.  I’ve decided to make it important.

Here are some personal observations about weight lifting.  Please feel free to share your observations; I love feedback! 

What weight lifting is teaching me:
  • I’m stronger than I thought I was, but I want to get a LOT stronger!
  • When I hurt it’s because I did it really really right or really really wrong.
  • I feel better when I make my health a priority.  It’s like that oxygen mask speech every time you get on an airplane.
  • Slow progress is still progress.
  • It's fun to cuss out my coach in my head. It makes me feel bad. Breaking Bad.
  • Protein powder scoopers are always at the WAY bottom of the container.
  • Muscles give me confidence.
  • When I eat like crap – I feel like crap – and I lift like crap.
  • It’s addictive! I want to learn more and try new things constantly!
  • Sometimes I pretend like I am The Incredible Hulk when I lift. Or Batman.
  • People who do not wipe down the equipment after they use it are disgusting.
  •  I see random objects and think to myself, “I could lift that.”
  • Leg day can BITE ME.
  • I’ll have good days and I’ll have bad days.  That’s just the way it goes.
  • When I’m focused I’m not very social and I think my face looks like a meanie weenie.
  • I like to flex!
  • It’s important to lift with correct form and in the correct order to reduce injuries and maximize results.
  • 4:30am is pretty darn early to head out to the gym and nobody in my village is moving at that time.
  • It’s important to plan ahead (pack gym bag the night before and have workout planned out).
  • The human body is an amazing machine!
  • It's a great way to spend quality time with my 15 year old son (at the gym).
  • I am obsessed with following ladies who lift on Instagram and looking at their food pics.
  • It’s best to wear running shorts with the attached panties to the gym because… well, just because of the benches and mirrors and weird positions.
  • I have a long way to go and a lot to learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment