Monday, February 6, 2012

My Favorite Things Monday - Whitesnake!

As I was thinking of what to write today, I thought to myself, “Self? When my kids think back someday about dear old mom, what will they most remember about me?”  There are certain things about me: what I do, what I wear, what I say, music that I listen to, what I eat, etc. that my kids will associate with me – and I hope that (for the most part) they are all good things.  I know without a doubt one thing they will know to be a favorite of mine – Whitesnake!  I love love love the 80’s hair band, Whitesnake, and have listened to them faithfully since 1985 (my junior year of high school).  My favorite song is “Here I Go Again” and it very well describes most of my life.  Over the past few years though, I’ve wanted to add a disclaimer that it applies to the mate part of my life – not the God part.  I know that “like a drifter I was born to walk alone” doesn’t mean God.  And it doesn’t necessarily mean a mate anymore either.  I just really like the song.  Those who know me well know that I am a Whitesnake freak.  My mom even has that song as my personal ringtone, so it plays when I call her.  (I have a cool mom like that!)  I went to see Whitesnake in concert the summer of 2005 at a Harley-Davidson parking lot party.  I was definitely the nerd of the bunch!  Anyways, that’s another one of my favorite things that I wanted to share with you.

I love hearing about your favorites too, so please share with me like Pam did last week!   

Rock on!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment