Monday, March 26, 2012

My favorite things Monday – throwing away junk!

What a weird thing to make a favorite, huh!?!  But it’s sooooo liberating!  I cleaned out our garage this past weekend and pitched tons of junk.  This morning I was so tickled to haul it all to the end of the driveway; what a great way to start my Monday!  Then, as if that’s not enough, I practically sped down the street getting home tonight to see my empty driveway.  Gone!  Bye-bye junk!

I think holding on to junk is emotionally damaging.  A cluttered home signifies a cluttered mind and a cluttered life.  I believe the best way to live (besides as a Christian, of course) is to live simply.
Check this out from the Good Book: “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal.  Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.  Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” (Matthew 6:19-21)

I am not one to get too attached to things (like collectibles, as I stated a few weeks ago), and I am a good housekeeper. The more junk I get rid of though, the clearer my life feels and the better I am able to focus on God and everything else in my crazy-busy life.  I started a list today of more stuff to get rid of or sell. 

Time to get this place under control!  

No comments:

Post a Comment