Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Fever!

I have Spring Fever!  I have the itch to paint and do something fresh with my bedroom.  I want something girly because… well… I’m girly.  My bedroom is my retreat and one of my happy places.  I also find that I get sent to my bedroom more often these days when my kids have friends over so that they can use the whole house.  No stinky boy smells in my bedroom – which is one cool thing about being single!  I want something feminine and soft.  Something relaxing and serene.  I’ve been looking for ideas and nothing has quite grabbed me yet, but half of the fun in a re-decorating project is the research and imagination anyways, so I really don’t mind this part.  I have a little file with magazine clippings from over the past several years more like 20 years, but if I told you that you might think I am a weirdo or something.  Now I have Pinterest.  The funny thing is that “my style” is very consistent.  I still gravitate to the same look even after all these years.

Since I bought our house, I have not really put any effort into decorating my bedroom.  It tends to become a disaster zone from time to time too.  I need to treat myself a little better and make my space special. 
Here is a really cool website that I have fallen in love with:
Check this out for beautiful and original ideas all on a dime.  Single moms - you know what I mean?! 
Here's a bedroom that I absolutely love love love from her website:


“For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.” ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

I think this is the season to make my bedroom special!

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment