Friday, January 13, 2012

Facing Goliath... on our own

One very, very difficult part about being single is that we have no strong arms to fall into when we are scared.  The physical strength that comes from a man is very comforting, but being single, we have no other choice than to face Goliath all by ourselves.  We don’t have a protective warrior to rise up and defend us.  Or hold us.  Or tell us that everything is going to be alright.  These are the times more than ever that we need to depend on God, and let Him be our strength.  I love how David sang to the Lord in Psalm 18:

“I love you Lord.  You are my strength.  The Lord is my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.  He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.”  ~ Psalm 18:1-2

I could really use a hug right now.  I could really stand to feel comforted and protected from a Goliath that I had to face today, but I fought the Goliath on my own and I am a little bit tougher tonight than I was when I woke up this morning because of it.  I went into battle with a Goliath - with God as my shield and power – and He saved me.  And I feel safe.

BIG BIG HUG!

1 comment: