Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Please, God. Shut the door.

Sometimes when I am praying for this or that, instead of praying for doors to open, I pray for doors to shut.  It helps me to be more cautious and to pay more attention to the stop signs.  I don’t mean to sound like Debbie the Downer here, but by paying attention to closed doors (the negatives) I see more clearly the things that could spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E in the future.  In past relationships, the closed doors have come in many forms such as: too much baby momma drama, suspicious texts, bouts of silence, unclear pasts, age differences, lifestyle differences, and identity in things other than Christ.  These things were God’s way of shutting the door.  These things told me that the relationship was just not right.  I attacked graduate school the same way.  I prayed for doors to shut when I was making my decision to go/not go, and nothing shut.  So I went.  I’ve ignored the shut doors before and/or tried to open them back up myself after God shut them.  BAM!!  Right in the nose.  I really, really try to leave the doors shut now that God has closed.  My nose likes me to do that too.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment