Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"A wise son brings joy to his father." - Proverbs 15:20 (... and his momma!)

I went to see the movie Courageous last Friday night.  It was a very powerful film, and truly gave me hope for a Christ-centered man when/if that is God’s will for me.  The movie was basically about men being men and leading their families as better husbands, fathers, and brothers in Christ in a God-honoring way.  That’s the man I will wait my entire lifetime for.   

As single women, we are strong out of necessity.  We manage our careers, our homes, and our children very well, but truly that is not how we were created.  God created Eve to be Adam’s helpmate.  It still feels unnatural to me to be the woman AND the man of my household.  I can do it; I just don’t always want to.  It just doesn’t feel right.

I sometimes wonder if my son, Kyle, will know how to lead his family (husband/wife/children) when he doesn’t see one in operation on a daily basis.  My ex-husband goes to the same church as I, but I really don’t know what he is teaching Kyle at home about leading a God-honoring family.  I want Kyle to know how to love, comfort, and support his wife and children and to be a God-honoring example for them. 

Last night I got a little glimpse of the young man that Kyle is becoming.  Of everything I’ve done wrong in my life, I know one thing I am doing right - Kyle.  I am not saying perfect, but right.  Upon my return from a short business trip, Kyle left this note for me on the kitchen counter:

 


Kyle loves outside of himself and he’s only 11 years old.  If the way he loves and respects me at this early age is any indication of how he will be with his wife someday, I know he will be a great husband and leader in his home with his family.  He brings me joy every single day, and I pray for his wisdom as he grows to always honor God with his life and to be that man that God calls men to be.  Courageous!     

No comments:

Post a Comment